Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
General Topics / Re: Difficult Times
« Last post by paulameredith on August 18, 2017, 09:23:18 AM »
so sorry about sandy hope all is well, I have not been on for a while, back to work mostly part time was worried about being so far from the doctors. a few bad times here from health issues but I am thinking what the heck I need to fish. again hope all is well with all old friends up there see yall sometimes on the river paula meredith
Leaders & Knots / Re: climax leaders
« Last post by flyfish on August 13, 2017, 09:54:43 AM »
Hey LiteLines, first sorry for your health issues but glad you're able to get back on the water.  Thanks for the info, I did not know that
Generation Schedule & Conditions / August 7-13, 2017
« Last post by Jeff Guerin on August 09, 2017, 03:39:26 PM »
A little late on the report, but we had high water Monday, Tuesday and today starting at 1:00 or 2:00 and running till 7:00 PM - such is the case today.

For Thursday and Friday they're cranking at Noon and running to 9:00 Thursday and 8:00 on Friday.

Nothing on the schedule this weekend, for a change, on Saturday or Sunday!
Elswhere? / Re: Perdido Key
« Last post by Jeff Guerin on August 01, 2017, 08:31:34 AM »
I'll bet a mackerel got a hold of your pompano!

I'd suggest using some braided Kevlar for a bite tippet. I used it when I was fishing for pickerel... And you can go pretty fine with it and keep lots of tensil strength!

I would have loved to have gotten into some ladyfish myself, they are a kick and known as the "poor man's tarpon"!
Elswhere? / Re: Perdido Key
« Last post by JoshK on July 31, 2017, 05:54:58 PM »
I just got back from Perdido Key and had a blast.  I fished the mornings in the ocean and caught Ladyfish, Spanish Mackerel, and Pompano.  The Ladyfish we lots of fun.  They are a very aggressive fighter and love to jump.  I had one small Pompano on my line then all of the sudden all my line started flying off the reel.  Something ran off with my fish.  When I tightened the drag it broke off and my tippet was cut clean.  I would have liked to see what it was. I'll attach some pics.  The mackerel wouldn't sit still so he is covered in sand.  Only complaint is everything in the ocean is very toothy and brutal on tippet.  I went to a local bait shop to get some more and when I asked if they carried any he looked at me funny and said "I don't know what tippet is".  He said they don't have a large clientele for fly fishing.  Anyone know of good tippet material for toothy fish?
Generation Schedule & Conditions / July 31 - August 6, 2017
« Last post by Jeff Guerin on July 31, 2017, 10:27:49 AM »
Well, certainly a more "normal" summertime schedule starting this week...  :)

Maybe, at this rate, what we have left of fish will be able to get through the rest of August and September without too much trouble.

Our schedules this summer have been including Saturdays and Sundays - which is not a bad thing! It gives the fish fresh water every day instead of having to get through from Friday night to Monday afternoon with no relief from the sun and heat. I do like this better!

Monday & Tuesday - 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Wednesday - 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Thursday - Noon to 7:00 PM
Friday - Noon to 8:00 PM
Saturday - 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Sunday - 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM 
Leaders & Knots / climax leaders
« Last post by LiteLines on July 26, 2017, 01:06:22 PM »
hey Jeff, it has been a few years, since I have posted anything on here, actually it has been a few years since I wet a hook. I had a heart attack 4 yrs ago and when I finally went to the dr, he decided I was lucky to be alive, had the attack in june and it was august before I went to the dr and after the stress test came back not looking so good, he said I needed a heart cath and he never let me leave the hospital after that, triple bypass 9 day stay in hospital, but everthing is fine now. I am ready to get back to fly fishing. I got back on the website trying to play catch up and realized I needed some new leaders, well I started looking for the climax leaders that u like so well. so I started looking for them, and I know the last ones I bought at cabelas, but they don't have them anymore. so I continued my search online. Well late yesterday I found a fishing supply place called G Goodard I think that is the name of it, well they had already closed, so I called them this morning, well the sales guy informed me that I think he said they were made by courtland. Well guess what,if you didn't already know this, they have stopped making the climax leader, I bought a couple for myself, they have a few left, so unless you have another source, this may be the end of them, just thought I would let u know. passing it on.

LD
Generation Schedule & Conditions / July 24-30,2017
« Last post by Jeff Guerin on July 22, 2017, 09:05:10 PM »
Pulled off of my "Latest" report just now!

This coming week is very different, but way better than nothing like we had through early July! As follows:

Monday - running from Noon to 9:00 PM
Tuesday - running from 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM (nice)
Wednesday - running from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM (excellent)
Thursday - running 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (pretty good)
Friday - running from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM (excellent)
Saturday and Sunday - running from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM (nice again)

This seemingly random schedule will actually really help the fishing and the fish! They'll have good water over them at the peak of the hot days and you'll still be able to get in some decent Prime Time fishing with the exception of this Monday...

I'd say the best Prime Time fishing will be on the 5:00 shutdown days. But at least 7:00 PM will still get you a good couple of hours in there. That is, if you stay out until the Whipporwhills crank it up!
Generation Schedule & Conditions / Re: July 10 - 16, 2017
« Last post by Jeff Guerin on July 08, 2017, 08:50:01 PM »
Nope... Only at 547' this morning.

Gonna be up there in the morning. Be looking for a report!  8)
Generation Schedule & Conditions / Re: July 10 - 16, 2017
« Last post by flyfish on July 08, 2017, 04:14:31 PM »
I would have figured, with all the rain in Lil Mo area this past week, that the lake would be bustin' at the seams! 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10