Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Generation Schedule & Conditions / Re: June 19-25, 2017
« Last post by Aaron D on June 26, 2017, 10:53:30 PM »
Such a weird schedule! But the folks over at carpenter dam and blakely Dam have been doing strange things as well! I often go striper fishing this time of year at those two dams and they haven't been generating much at all. They've been releasing a bit of water from the flood gates, but no cold water from the generators. The water temps have been unusually high so far this year. It's put a bit of a damper on the stripers so far. I've caught a few, buts it's been much tougher to find them than usual. They like that cold flowing water the generators put out. I could almost bet all the trout are gone at carpenter dam as well. Are the corps going to let our trout get cooked at lil mo, Jeff??? Sure hope not!!
Generation Schedule & Conditions / June 19-25, 2017
« Last post by Jeff Guerin on June 19, 2017, 04:53:41 PM »
No generation scheduled for the whole week until Friday!

Opening up at 3:00 PM on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Shutting down at 6:00 PM on Friday and Saturday, and 5:00 PM on Sunday.

Maybe good fishing for the weekend, but it's not going to do much for during the week... Hopefully we continue to get the cloud cover to help through those weekday afternoons!
Fishing Reports / Re: BIGGEST FLYING ANT HATCH I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!
« Last post by hen on June 05, 2017, 11:27:02 AM »
Was out the next day Jeff, and the kill off was not as bad as I expected.  Only saw about 20 dead fish spread from dam thru River Ridge.  Most were smaller fish.  Good news!!!
« Last post by Jeff Guerin on June 03, 2017, 09:40:41 PM »
Any estimates on what kind of numbers for lost fish, Mike?

I'm sure the generation today moved the dead ones off...
« Last post by Jeff Guerin on June 03, 2017, 09:38:51 PM »
Got the report from Jake Faulkner that he too had seen a bunch of dead fish on Wednesday!

Monday I did see some ants, but not a significant number yet... I guess they really got cranked up!

We see this hatch pretty consistently every year. Some  years are bigger than others, I guess this was a big one with bad results.  :-\

Hopefully, it doesn't get any worse. Any hatches are indeed a blessing and a curse!  :'(
Fishing Reports / BIGGEST FLYING ANT HATCH I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!
« Last post by hen on May 30, 2017, 06:13:56 AM »
The ants stretched from the park all the way thru the Big Rock hole at River Ridge!!(did not go farther down river) Yesterday (5/29) at times it looked like it was raining on the water from all the fish rising.  They were KEYED in on cinnamon ants and did not want to eat anything else!! Thats the second time I have swore I would not get caught on this river without a good cinnamon any fly pattern  :-\ :-\ :-\  Remember a few years ago Jeff??  Fish were already starting to die yesterday afternoon--belly up in the river from eating so many ants--got stung!! Think we may loose a bunch of our good fish :'( :'(
Generation Schedule & Conditions / Re: May 15-21, 2017
« Last post by hen on May 22, 2017, 11:48:51 AM »
Looks like a good week for fishing ;D ;D :)  Just a little worried about the water getting too hot down river??  Fished the past few days in morning--FISH ARE STRONG!!
Generation Schedule & Conditions / Re: May 15-21, 2017
« Last post by hen on May 15, 2017, 02:05:27 PM »
Yep, cranked at noon  :-[ :-[ :-[  fishing didn't really have a chance to get any good.  Caught a few strong fish at the park and a couple at Hinds Bluff  { nine total} Lots of green growth on all the rocks. any schedule is better than no schedule!!!
Generation Schedule & Conditions / May 15-21, 2017
« Last post by Jeff Guerin on May 15, 2017, 11:48:10 AM »
Schedule finally updated for the week...

"Hen" reported that they shut down this morning at 8:00! But...

Schedule is showing to crank back up at Noon today, Tuesday and Wednesday and running till 8:00 PM today and Tuesday and 9:00 PM on Wednesday.

Thursday and Friday cranking up at 11:00 AM and running to 10:00 PM.

Saturday running from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM.

Sunday running from Noon to 8:00 PM.

Pretty much limits you to morning fishing only.  :-\

However, with the lake at just 547.94', I wouldn't be surprised to see something different at any time! Particularly with a 40% to 60% chance of storms for the latter part of the week...

It's a very iffy scenario, but if you want to risk a few hours of morning fishing with the chance that the schedule may change at any moment, more power to ya'!  8)

For those who do get to fish, be prepared for some really healthy fish after a high water episode! Particularly at this time of year!  8)
Generation Schedule & Conditions / Re: May 4, 2017 - I suspect high water...
« Last post by Jeff Guerin on May 15, 2017, 11:34:17 AM »
Showing to crank back up at Noon today, tomorrow and Wednesday!

Finally got a schedule out, but I'd be very aware...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10