Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
General Topics / Generation Oct 5-7
« Last post by Breck M. on October 05, 2018, 09:31:33 PM »
Hello,

Anyone know if there will be generation this weekend Oct 5-7.?

Thanks
Breck
General Topics / Lil Mo Update - Early Oct
« Last post by Breck M. on October 05, 2018, 09:02:57 PM »
Hello Lil Mo Fly Fishers,

I went this past weekend Sunday Sept 30.  I arrived about 0130 and fished through 0630.  I was the only one on the river at Riverside.  Weather was overcast at mid 70s with a small southeasterly wind.  I started about 100 yards to the right and worked down to the Wall Hole by 0530..stopping to take in the landscape here and there.  Landed 7 and lost 2X at least.  Light Cahill was the fly.  Best dry fly fishing I have ever had.  Nice top water hits and fish jumping.  Smart healthy fish too.. every one was 12-15" with a lot of fight.  The water was surprisingly cold and clear. 

Breck M.
General Topics / Re: Stocking?
« Last post by uncleshorty on October 04, 2018, 11:22:23 PM »
Thank you for the info. 
General Topics / Re: Stocking?
« Last post by pawpaw77 on October 03, 2018, 11:08:36 AM »
Stocking usually resumes after the Catch & Release season has ended. As long as you get there before Oct. 15 there should be only hold over fish to test tour skills on.
General Topics / Stocking?
« Last post by uncleshorty on September 28, 2018, 11:40:23 AM »
About when will the stocking resume?

I'm planning an expedition for the 2nd week in Oct.  I want to get there a few days ahead of the stocking truck. 

I plan to outsmart some hold overs...  or not...
Fishing Reports / Re: Fishing Colorado
« Last post by David M on September 07, 2018, 11:36:41 PM »
Beautiful fish! My Dad and I, and 2 friends from Alabama, rode motorcycles over Indiana Pass, and down the gravel road from Platoro, alongside the Conejos, on our way to spend the night somewhere in New Mexico during the summer of 2005. We were on a long trip, not fishing, but I've often thought about going back to fish that pretty river. But I can never think about that river without recalling the gravel road beside it: the roughest (rideable) 23 miles of butt-busting, tooth-jarring, washboarded road that we encountered on our entire trip (of very many miles of gravel roads) from Canada to Mexico over the summers of 2004-2005. All 4 of us remarked about that road for the rest of the trip, and afterward. A few years later I came across an article ("Platoro Requires Commitment - But Worth It") on the ESPN website, which mentions the reputation (the "wimp filter") of that road. If you caught it right after grading, you're lucky. One benefit of a very rough gravel road, I guess, is that it helps keep out all but the truly committed  :)
Fishing Reports / Fishing Colorado
« Last post by Texomasooner on September 06, 2018, 09:00:18 AM »
Jeff, We made it up to the Conejos River in Southern Colorado in mid August for a week long adventure. I wanted to share that your Tan Bead Belly was the top producer for the trip followed by the Smidge. We probably caught 50+ Browns like the ones in the pictures and virtually every one was on one of those flys. Thanks again for what you do for the Fly Fishing Community!
Fishing Reports / Fishing report, September 4
« Last post by texarkansan on September 04, 2018, 02:40:31 PM »
If you don?t count the bluegill, which are like the coots of fly fishing, I had a little refresher course this morning on why they call it fishing, and not catching.  On the water by 7:30.  Had maybe five bites in as many hours, And four of them were bluegill. The fifth one was a trout that surprised the hell out of me, after nothing for about three hours, and I pulled the damn fly clean out of his mouth.  Tried nymphs, tried dries, tried nymphs under dries, tried telling the trout that I didn?t care if I caught them.  Not even the good ol? light cahills were working.  Worked from below the Wall Hole half the way to the bridge.  Left at about 1:00.
Thanks Jeff.  I was out there yesterday early, at Riverside, and there was nothing even moving around until about 10:00.  Caught a couple rainbows between 10 and 11, but you?re right about those things being spooky this time of year.  Saw a few bolt when my fly dropped 20 feet upstream from them.  Generation started up right before noon. 
Yep, that's pretty accurate estimations.

Just a little more than six hours from crank up HWY 27! It's twelve miles and the river flows about 2 1/2 miles an hour at full flow!

Just for general info, high water arrives at:
River Ridge - 30 minutes
Hind's Bluff - 45 minutes
Factory Site - 1:30-:45
Low Water - 2:15
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10