Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Fishing Reports / Re: New fish
« Last post by George Tullis on December 13, 2017, 09:37:09 PM »
Thanks for the update Keith.  Assume we have still have a flow coming from the partially opened generator.   Do you know if they released at other sites?   Any size to the fish?
Fishing Reports / New fish
« Last post by Keith Kopp on December 13, 2017, 07:20:52 PM »
 Was at the park at 2:30 today (12/13/2017) when the fish truck dumped a fresh batch.
Fishing Reports / Fishing Report 12/7/17
« Last post by john davis on December 08, 2017, 08:14:44 AM »
I arrived at the Park about 0925 yesterday. There was one guy on the wall so I went upstream some. Jeff I don't know if the area just downstream of the stocking ramp has a name, but that's where I started. It is interesting with the minimal flows. So much different than a couple weeks ago when the river was so low! Anyway yes the water is a good 8-10 inches deeper and nice flow, kind of like falling water that just keeps flowing. The fish seem to be happy and are hitting a Long Creek pretty hard. I caught all my fish on that fly. Fished the Park down to the Wall Hole and caught fish. Some usual stockers and then some that were really strong and had beautiful  colors. I then moved to Hinds Bluff and loved the flow at Butt Buster. Once again the Long Creek worked well there as well. Rex White arrived about 2pm to fish through the weekend. He said the South Louisiana  Fly Club was also coming up for the weekend. About 3pm I gave it up, was getting cold so better to quit. The stocking truck did not show yesterday, but there are some nice fish in the river right now. Anyway had a great day on the river, caught fish,  had fun, and got home safely. If I don't see any of you guys on the river before the holidays Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! John D
General Topics / Re: The Latest
« Last post by john davis on December 06, 2017, 09:58:26 AM »
Woohoo even better!
General Topics / Re: The Latest
« Last post by Jeff Guerin on December 06, 2017, 09:48:35 AM »
Cool! Maybe another load of freshies might show up for ya'll!  8)
General Topics / The Latest
« Last post by john davis on December 06, 2017, 08:37:45 AM »
Thanks again Jeff for another great The Latest. Exciting to see the fishing so good. Really helps us in planning where to fish and first fly to try. Plan to take part in that tomorrow as a matter of fact. John D
Fishing Reports / Re: "I guess you would call it minimum flow!!"
« Last post by hen on November 30, 2017, 11:31:41 PM »
If they stocked any browns, I haven't been able to fool any of them, nor have I heard of anyone else doing so. I have not caught even a carry over in months now.  Last one I think I heard of was caught ( I think) by David McAdams up in the skinney water about mid summer. Maybe the crews on the dam will work at their usual pace and this will last a while.  Plan on checking out the flow at Old Factory Site tomorrow, should be fun below the weir!!
Fishing Reports / Re: "I guess you would call it minimum flow!!"
« Last post by Jeff Guerin on November 30, 2017, 08:34:17 PM »
Well, that's always cool! Seen that scenario quite a few times over the years and it always makes for great fishing!  8)

The word I got from Janet at SWAHA the other day is that the crews were looking to stay in town for quite a while! No idea what they're doing though (they didn't seem to want to tell her) or how long this water situation may last. Maybe an on and off thing, hopefully? That'd be pretty cool!

Hey Hen - no signs of any Browns I take it?
Fishing Reports / "I guess you would call it minimum flow!!"
« Last post by hen on November 30, 2017, 12:12:00 PM »
What a past 4 days its been!!  They have a project going on at the dam and have had one gate "cracked" for the past 4 days.  Has made the Lil Mo like a real running river!! Fishing has been good all over the river and you get a good drift anywhere you go (not only at the usual places below the weirs, or at sycamore run!!)  NICE.  My wish for Christmas is minimum flow on the Lil Mo all year long!!
General Topics / The Latest
« Last post by john davis on November 30, 2017, 08:32:47 AM »
Thanks Jeff for another The Latest  with river report.  Good to see you are back on the river and will be interested to see your report from this weekend. I hope to get back up there next week as well. John D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10