Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Generation Schedule & Conditions / Re: Bunger Valves open
« Last post by uncleshorty on Today at 09:58:10 AM »
Murf gage stage 3.47 ft.  That's down only 0.06 ft in the last 24 hrs.  I think the conditions conditions would be about the same as they have been for the last several days...
« Last post by Jeff Guerin on Today at 09:36:22 AM »
Afraid lake rate of fall is still steady, as is the flow rate on the hwy 27 gauge (though there's a slight fall, which is a natural drop in run off).

« Last post by David M on Today at 12:42:15 AM »
Rivergages seems to indicate that they sharply reduced or shut off flow from the dam at 8 PM tonight, but the resolution of that chart may be deceiving. The chart often has short flat runs on it, but this flat is extended. If the level at the hwy. 27 gage starts dropping by 1 AM, or so, and the gage reading at the dam stays flat, we should be able to count on the river being wadeable. If this all pans out to confirm flow shut-off at 8 PM, it means that the river should have been easily wadeable at Riverside Park as of about 9 PM, or so.   
General Topics / Hatch Chart?
« Last post by uncleshorty on April 24, 2018, 02:00:19 PM »
I have been unable to find a hatch chart for the Little Mo.  So I've been using one from the Lower Mountain Fork in OK.

Anyone have a LilMo chart?

Also, what species of minnows are common in the river?  I want to tie up a bunch of bucktails...
« Last post by GORDOB on April 24, 2018, 01:29:51 PM »
Thanks for all the helpful comments. I have been keeping a record of the rivergage readings to correlate with the wading conditions reported, and if someone will post the time at which the river is next wadeable (doesn't have to be exact) I should have a pretty complete profile.  Even though there is a time differential between the highway 27 gage and the fishing areas it will afford more information than I presently have.  Thanks again.
« Last post by uncleshorty on April 24, 2018, 12:39:17 AM »
Look downstream.  The Quachita is above flood stage at 7 or 8 gages.  Maybe there's just nowhere to put the amount of water a faster drawdown would send down river.  I'm just guessin', though.  Sure would like to talk to some local folks about the river.  Are there any beer joints in Murfreesboro?
« Last post by David M on April 23, 2018, 11:48:52 PM »
This current slow rate of draw-down is unusual, in my experience. I first noticed this rate, where the hwy. 27 (Murfreesboro) gage is maintained near the 3-1/2 foot level, on April 2nd, when they started the same draw-down rate and ran that way for a day or two. At this level, the river is essentially unwadeable, even near the dam, when rain runoff isn't a significant portion of the flow at the hwy. 27 gage. A more common draw-down rate, especially when they're not much above "flood stage", would hold the hwy. 27 gage around the 5-1/2 foot level, and would have dropped the lake below "flood stage" a couple of days ago. They've run the lower rate for 4 days, and counting, and have only dropped the lake level less than 1/3 foot (with a little rain mixed in to slow the draw-down). 

A conspiracy theorist might think that the Corps is trying to release water at a rate that ensures that the river will be unwadeable, while still maximizing the time required to draw down the lake level below "flood stage". But I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Really, I'm not.
« Last post by GORDOB on April 21, 2018, 06:12:32 PM »
Thanks Mr. Perkins.  We have a 3-1/2 hour drive to the river and it's no fun driving that far to watch high water run.  I believe this will help a lot in determining when the river is wadeable,  I also understand there are some other factors that can produce generation flow at the drop of a hat, but that's just part of the game.  Love that river.
« Last post by gperkins on April 21, 2018, 03:12:36 PM »
I was there yesterday and couldn't wade it anywhere.
« Last post by GORDOB on April 21, 2018, 01:24:09 PM »
Looking at the noon readings on Rivergages, I'm assuming the Bunger valve(s) still open.  I'm trying to establish a base line for when the river is wadeable.  Is anyone wading the river today, April 21?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10