Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Little Red / Re: June 4th-7th
« Last post by JoshK on Today at 03:08:42 PM »
Caught a few of these in the evening stripping clousers at the dam.
Little Red / Re: June 4th-7th
« Last post by JoshK on Today at 03:07:21 PM »
Caught on a size 20 dry.
Little Red / June 4th-7th
« Last post by JoshK on Today at 03:06:11 PM »
Spent a few days on the little red.  I fished mainly at the park and winkley shoals.  The fishing was great each day until about 10:30 each morning and would pick back up in the evening after generation stopped.  I tried fishing at night for brown trout and hooked  up with what I thought was a big brown.  I finally landed the fish and reached down in the net and felt rough scales.  I flipped on my light and saw a big walleye.  First walleye I've ever caught.
  Caught some nice rainbows, browns, and a few white bass.  Good trip and a beautiful place to fish/camp.  Tried my new Tenkara rod and caught a few on it.  Not sure if I like it as much as my regular fly rod.
Elswhere? / Re: Caddo River in Norman
« Last post by JoshK on Today at 02:36:55 PM »
One of the nicer smallmouths
Elswhere? / Caddo River in Norman
« Last post by JoshK on Today at 02:36:00 PM »
Fished the Caddo last week (13th-16th).  Fish were biting all day long.  I used different colored clousers and some poppers.  Caught small mouth, rock bass, and spotted bass of all sizes.
Generation Schedule & Conditions / June
« Last post by Wtoddking on June 17, 2018, 04:00:39 PM »
How is the river looking for June 23 and 24? I hope to fish on the 23ed. If not. I'll take the yak out and catch a few bass
General Topics / Fly Fish Arkansas (Movie)
« Last post by apwarren on June 01, 2018, 08:34:47 AM »
Hey there. Just wanted to share this awesome short film which shows off the wonders of Arkansas fisheries. They even have a segment on the Little Mo' (starts at 27:10). I'm pretty sure I was there the day they filmed on the Little Missouri. Thankfully I wasn't in the background with a fly in a tree.

Here's the YouTube link:  https://youtu.be/EooouqfhHpc

This weekend I'm heading up to the Little Red for the first time. Pretty excited to say the least.
Generation Schedule & Conditions / Re: May 21-27, 2018
« Last post by uncleshorty on May 21, 2018, 06:04:06 PM »
Planned to get up two weeks ago but had a set-back.  After waiting all of Mar-Apr for flows to settle down I'm torqued that I missed my chance.  Can't see getting up till fall.  'Til then I'll be busy increasing profits for the Medical Insurance Industry...
Generation Schedule & Conditions / May 21-27, 2018
« Last post by Jeff Guerin on May 18, 2018, 10:01:09 PM »
SWEPCO has started posting a schedule again! It's showing zeros for the whole week...

Now that does not apply to the extra minimum flow that we currently still have. Even though they shut that down Wednesday (while we were fishing, naturally), they opened #3 back up again that night.

Assuming that the work at the powerhouse is nearing an end, since the original word that this might go on through May, I suspect the normal minimum will be coming soon.

Maybe not this coming week, however, if there's still no real generation on the schedule. I hope that, either, the work goes on through the summer, or we get back to normal patterns.
Rods / Re: Tenkara
« Last post by apwarren on May 07, 2018, 01:12:32 PM »
I haven't tried it myself, but have heard that Tenkara USA rods are good. They produce a lot of videos and resources for those interested in that form of fishing, so it may worth for you to check out. The owner/creator of the company spent a lot of time in Japan researching the method and meeting with Tenkara fishermen.

Here's an interesting blog post on Tenkara. It reports that western style fly fishing is way more popular in Japan and that Tenkara is kind of a niche.
https://tenkaraangler.com/2017/09/03/myth-busting-tenkara-in-japan/

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10