Author Topic: Trip march 18-20  (Read 2610 times)

Offline JoshK

Trip march 18-20
« on: March 13, 2013, 09:37:42 AM »
I am headed to the lmf next week and was wondering I'd anyone has fishes there beforehand could give me some ideas as to where to fish.  I am staying in the campground at the state park.  Are there any closes places in the park to fish ordo I need to go outside the park?  Any info wouldbe great. 

Josh

Offline JoshK

Re: Trip march 18-20
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 09:38:41 AM »
Sorry it should have said have fished...I hate auto correct...seems to always correct it wrong.

Offline JoshK

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 09:41:10 AM »
It did it again  >:(!!!!   My iPad is having issues today.

Offline Jeff Guerin

• Administrator
    • Check out my other world!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 09:52:30 AM »
At least you saw there was a problem!  8) The sad thing is the people who spell something right to begin with and then, when the machines say something else, they assume they were wrong all of their lives!   ::)

As for the LMF I can't really help you other than that the flies you use here are going to be just fine over there. It's a very similar watershed and tail water, chemistry and bugs doing the same thing.

I know there's plenty of folks on here who can tell you more!  8) 
Always On The Water - Jeff G

Offline JoshK

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 08:24:58 PM »
Not much to report about.  Fishing was tough.  I didn't fish a lot because it was a family vacation so I fished for about an hour or two Tuesday and Wednesday morning.  Fishing was tough because you couldn't go two feet on the river without running into another fisherman.  It was very crowded and not many people catching anything.  I managed two fish, one nice rainbow and one little brown.  I have never seen so many people fishing in such a little fishing area.  It is very beautiful river but was littered with trash everywhere.  In the river and all over the shores.  Me and my boy spent more time picking up other peoples trash then we did fish.   :-\  Had a good time but not sure I will go back to fish again.

Offline Aaron D

• Must be the pretzels
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 09:43:44 PM »
Hey Josh, sorry to hear about the bad luck. I went there ONCE and only once. I couldnt even find a place to camp let alone a place to fish there. I have never seen a place where the people were quite literally shoulder to shoulder fishing. I swore Id never go again. I'll stick to good ol lil mo for my trout fishing. Broken bow lake is another story though. Beautiful lake and its pretty fun to fish.

Offline jonbo

When to fish at Beaver's Bend
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 07:35:31 PM »
If you want to fish at Beaver's Bend, only go during the week, and make it winter time. I did it several times last winter and it was GREAT. Even then you'll find a number of folks out. I have found enough fellow fishermen in the cold in February to realize that weekends, no way! If anyone wants to go this winter, if we can find a Monday or Friday to play hooky, I'll be glad to show you what I've learned about it.