Author Topic: TFO  (Read 1026 times)

Offline TexasJack

TFO
« on: March 27, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »
I just left the TFO warehouse in Dallas,wow  :o.  I was like a kid in a candy store, mouth waterin and all. Rick (owner) had to hand me a napkin. NJW and I had a nice time lookin around and chattin with Rick, great rods and nice people. ;D
See ya on the water.....

TJ

Offline jimr

• I tie flies to give trout something to laugh at.
Re: TFO
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 07:56:23 PM »
I don't suppose there was a break in price at the warehouse, huh? I didn't even know they had a warehouse there. You have the address?

Jimr

Offline LsuMarrs

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 08:32:37 PM »
I think TFO rods are priced extremely reasonable compared to Gary Loomi's prior company G Loomis.  I just bought a new 9' fly rod that is a TFO and own both TFO and GLoomis baitcasting rods that are all exceptional.

Offline TexasJack

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 08:40:51 PM »
JimR, 
 TFO's headquarters is in Dallas and prices are the same. The rods are made in Korea but all rods are shipped to Dallas and then shipped out to the distributers. We drove through the parkin lot just to see what the place looked like when Rick saw us and invited us in for a look. I couldnt say no that would have been rude of me  ::) ;)

They dont offer the blank I want ( 8ft 2wt ), the grips on the factory rods are to small for me but he said it could be altered to what I want :o ;D ;D. Like I said before " Great people at TFO"
See ya on the water.....

TJ