Author Topic: report 4/6  (Read 1260 times)

Offline JoshK

report 4/6
« on: April 07, 2012, 08:52:11 PM »
Made my first trip, and not my last, up to albert pike since they were generating.  Having never been there I started at the bridge above the swimming hole.   Got into fish on the first cast. Drifting dry flies and bead head nymphs through the fast water. Very pretty colors on all the fish I caught. Had a great time and enjoyed the change of scenery.

Offline glynn

Re: report 4/6
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 05:15:28 PM »
happy you had good luck, the upper river is a gem. if you would like to fish for smallmouth bass, you go to langley, go south like returning to lake, as you head south you will cross small creek, go up hill in right hand curve, the first gravel road to right is your road go to top of hill , on the ridge the road is blue chat (rock) take any road to left, this long pool is caney bend. downstream two long shallow pools, great fishing with streamers. always remember when on weyerhauser roads the wooden arrows always point to pavement. down stream from winding staircase below pike is musgrove hole, really a series of holes over quarter mile of good fishing. again streamers, ants, any bugs, and crawdads are always on the menu. good luck if i can help please ask. if we just fish the tailwaters we all miss the beauty of the little missouri.   

Offline JoshK

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 02:29:54 PM »
Thanks for the info on the small mouth.  I love to fish for small mouth with a fly rod.  Next time I'm up there I will have to check out the places you mentioned. 

Offline TexasJack

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 05:27:04 PM »
Glynn,

I'm glad ya posted the info on the Smallies as well, can't wait to fish there on my next week long trip up to the Lil Mo'.
See ya on the water.....

TJ

Offline glynn

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 06:41:39 PM »
gentlemen you must try this summer to fish some of the little rivers all around us here in sw arkansas. cossott below high bridge east of wicks, up stream and down. saline above lake deriks. caddo out of glenwood.   in se ok. thr mountain fork above broken bow lake is pristine, the next river west the glover has more rockbass( goggle eye)  there is always another creek to find and fish.  texas jack all clear rocky rivers with smallmouth , ideal size water for fly.