Author Topic: 3rd annual Caddo Conclave  (Read 1587 times)

Offline TexasJack

3rd annual Caddo Conclave
« on: April 13, 2012, 05:32:52 PM »
  Anyone goin to the Caddo Conclave? Sounds like fun to me so I'm plannin on going at least on the 28th, hopefully.

APR 27-28, 3rd annual Caddo Conclave, Caddo Lake State Park,Karnack, TX . Fri fishing day, Sat 9:00am-5:00pm. Programs, fly tying, rod building demos, fishing on premises. Co-sponsored by East Texas Fly Fishers, Lone Star Fly Fishers, and North Louisiana Fly Fishers.
See ya on the water.....

TJ

Offline Jeff Guerin

• Administrator
    • Check out my other world!
Re: 3rd annual Caddo Conclave
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 09:07:24 AM »
Hate to miss an other event, but I'm afraid I'll be on the way to Santa Fe!  8)

It looks like fun, though!  :D
Always On The Water - Jeff G

Offline flyfish

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 06:40:11 AM »
Carmol and I will be there!  Looking forward to it.  Hope to see ya there.

Offline straydog37

• Geaux Tigers!!!
    • Rivers and Reefs
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 12:07:23 PM »
Mike Howard and I are going to be there, tying flies, selling a bit of my grillin' rubs (I'm bringing another brisket...like I had at the FlyFest in M'boro), will also have some tactical flashlights. Looking foward to the event and then up to the cabin for a little post hip replacement therapy...i.e. having a lot of trout bending my fly rod!
Jim Simpson

Offline jimr

• I tie flies to give trout something to laugh at.
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 03:21:53 PM »
I am in shock!!!! Looks like I might go to this event again. I think I was there for the 1st one, not sure. Must be that old thing ya know. Hopefully, it will just be Kitty and me, unless the daughter deciedes to come with grandson. God love them both but sure would be nice to do something with just the wife. We just took them to Tyler for three days. Hope to make it there.

jimr

Offline LsuMarrs

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 11:20:30 PM »
Hey Jim, what kind of flashlights do you sell??

Offline TexasJack

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 10:39:55 PM »
NJW and I had a great time at the Conclave today , our first but not last. It was good to see and visit with: Flyfish, Mike Hawkins, JimR and Kitty, Straydog37 and Mike, and ofcorse our "Uncle" Larry and Catch.

JimR, we saw y'all drive by us at the canoe rental dock but by the time we loaded up to find ya, y'all were gone. I caught one small bass and that was it so I dont think ya missed much. I think if ya want to fish Caddo Lake you really need a boat of some kind.
See ya on the water.....

TJ

Offline jimr

• I tie flies to give trout something to laugh at.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 07:46:35 AM »
Hey Jack, we drove by twice looking for y'all. Sorry we missed you. I didn't see the kayak sales guy down there either. We did have a good time. Great food, too. Maybe we will see you and patti on the Lil. Mo. soon. Kitty seemed to be interested in Jim's cabin, after she heard of all the improvements that had been made. Last time we stayed down there it was before Jim bought it and made it something nice to stay in. Now that the C&R is getting ready to start we might make a few trips up there.

jimr

Offline flyfish

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 07:14:51 PM »
Absolute Ditto on the third Caddo Conclave.  I believe this year's event has been the best yet.  The programs were fabulous and I got to enjoy everyone of them.  To any of the other fly fishing clubs out there......ya might want to book Mr. Tom Bullock for one of your meetings.  He took us on some terrific adventures.  The photography was top shelf!  (Can't help but brag on our (NLFF) guy)  Truly all the speakers were great.  Tons of information and laughs.  Thanks to all that participated.

Offline mike hawkins

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 07:52:44 AM »
I agree with Rex, this was the best!  The Shreveport guys really stepped up, dinner Friday night was like eating at a five star restruant.  Frank's breakfast Saturday morning was great and Bubba did a great job with lunch but that was just the food.  Programs were top notch and the tying was very educational.  Thanks again to everyone that made it out, next year will be even better.