Author Topic: Denver  (Read 943 times)

Offline LsuMarrs

Denver
« on: May 08, 2012, 08:15:34 AM »
I am heading up to Denver for a week and a half and bringing my fly rod.  Any suggestions on where to try in the area or what to use this time of year?  I am thinking Clear Creek because its fairly close but may check out the South Platte River if I get enough time to make the drive.  I hear it is one of the better rivers out there.

Would still love that casting lesson if your in the Port in the next few weeks Jeff  ;)

Offline WLL

Re: Denver
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 01:20:46 PM »
If you can, I would strongly suggest trying the South Platte.  Eleven Mile Canyon and of course the "Dream Stream," which is now called Charlie Meyers Wildlife Area.  I've only fished it in June and July, but we've used RS2s, little pheasant tails, and copper johns, mostly.  Great river with pretty weary trout!

WLL

Offline LsuMarrs

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 10:21:55 AM »
Thanks WLL, I just dont know if I will have the time to make a full day trip down to that South Platte.  My goal is just to land at least one fish and I will be happy.

Offline LsuMarrs

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 09:56:35 AM »
Well I finally made it back from Denver.  I got the chance to fish a little 3 days in a row but the bite was different all of those days.  I didn't have time to make the trip to the South Platte and had to stay within 30 mins of Denver.  I ended up catching about 20 browns and 1 rainbow, all on Bear Creek so they were pretty small.  I may try and upload some pictures when I get a chance.  Gold bead headed nymphs brought in the most fish.