Author Topic: Wyoming 2017  (Read 136 times)

Offline Aaron D

• Must be the pretzels
Wyoming 2017
« on: October 08, 2017, 10:36:55 AM »
Man, the message board has been fairly quiet. So we made the Wyoming trip again this year. It did not disappoint at all. The weather was perfect!! 70's during the day and 50's at night. Couldn't beat it. We fished several rivers including the clarks fork of the Yellowstone and the grey bull. Caught several beautiful bows, cutts and brookies. Also fished some of my favorite lakes up there. Luce lake, east newton lake and a lake we refer to as "dry fly heaven " called lily lake. You can catch 100 Yellowstone cutts in a day there all on dry flies. Luce lake is also a fantastic dry fly opportunity using several terrestrials and may flies. Luce is loaded with 16-22 inch beastly rainbows. It's catch and release only so the fishing is outstanding. Also, east newton is catch and release only and produces some absolute monster brown trout. This was my favorite day at newton. I caught 4 big browns on a special clouser I tied specifically for trout. My buddies named it " the Arkansas waterfall " 😎 The other locals there couldn't believe I was catching brown trout on on something not a dry fly or some sort of nymph lol. I said browns are predators and I'm going to treat them as such. And I was the only person who caught any browns that day so guess I was doing something right. It was a great trip and I'll attach some pics. Happy fishing y'all!

Offline Aaron D

• Must be the pretzels
Re: Wyoming 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 10:42:07 AM »
These were Luce lake bows

Offline Aaron D

• Must be the pretzels
Re: Wyoming 2017
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 10:43:29 AM »
Grey bull cutt and newton browns

Offline Aaron D

• Must be the pretzels