Author Topic: Rain Rain, don't go away!  (Read 128 times)

jmfden and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline bwhflies

Rain Rain, don't go away!
« on: November 14, 2017, 06:50:33 PM »
Bradley here with another trip report. Was on the river early Saturday morning and it started off with a bang, or should I say a screech. As my cousin and I stepped out of the car we spotted a Bald Eagle chasing a Blue Heron upstream, right over the river (sweet); something you don't see every day, at least for me. Once again I fished the Hinds Bluff area; didn't have much luck, not many strikes and only caught two. I slowly worked my way downstream (maybe 1/8 of a mile)to see what I could find and I only spotted 1 rainbow. As I was coming off the river (around 1 pm I believe)I noticed Jeff with a client and I introduced myself (it was good to meet you Jeff; I hope it wasn't rude of me to do what I did). It's always good to see new people being introduced to fly-fishing. Not many fish (it was obvious that they hadn't stocked yet), but that's all right, I always have a great time when I'm standing in a river waving a stick.

Sunday like the day before we were on the river early; Hinds Bluff again. Water temp was 52 degrees/ air was 53, a lot warmer compared to the 36 degrees the morning before, Oh and it was raining! It rained pretty hard for about an hour, but during that time I caught 4 rainbows. I didn't have a lot of strikes (just like the day before)but when I did I made them count. I was able to land a hefty 12-inch rainbow later in the morning and that was it. Jeff's "Little Mo' Wooly" olive and the original brown/black is what I caught them on, all but one. Long strips were what they liked this morning. Head's up Jeff, you'll be getting a new order from me soon. Love this fly! My last hour or so I fished next to a nice couple who were doing quite well; catching them on mop flies. Don't know the color, he didn't say and I didn't ask. All in all, I had a great weekend fishing on the Little Mo' and look forward to my next visit!

P.S. I'm not one for keeping score but I caught more than my cousin!  :P
bwhflies

Offline Jeff Guerin

• Administrator
    • Check out my other world!
Re: Rain Rain, don't go away!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 12:36:22 PM »
Yes, it was nice talking to you guys. Not a problem introducing one's selves either!  ;)

All the fish you saw at Hind's Bluff were freshies, stocked in that first load. There were some pretty nice fish in there though!

As for the next fresh fish, word is that we won't see any loads the rest of this week after all, but expect them to bring a bunch in next week!  8)

Gonna be loaded up for Thanksgiving week. Hey Chucky - enjoy!!!  ;D
Always On The Water - Jeff G

Offline Chucky

• Gig' Em
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 10:07:44 PM »
Awesome! Will be fun to get the kiddos into a few fish.

Offline bwhflies

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 11:14:16 AM »
As for the next fresh fish, word is that we won't see any loads the rest of this week after all, but expect them to bring a bunch in next week! 

Thanks for the update Jeff. I'm hoping to get back up there around the first of December. To you and yours, have a Happy Thanksgiving!
bwhflies