Author Topic: Caddo River at Caddo Gap  (Read 731 times)

Offline JoshK

Caddo River at Caddo Gap
« on: November 18, 2017, 04:06:12 PM »
I took my kayak up to Caddo Gap to do some small mouth fishing.  I had never been here before and it is beautiful.
It would make a great trout stream if it stayed cold enough. There were small mouths everywhere.  They were swimming in schools of 10-20 fish just about everywhere I went.  They weren't very hungry though and wouldn't even look at my flies.  I did manage to catch about 10 or so.  Lots of fun on a 4wt.  It got extremely windy so I had to cut my trip short. 

Offline LiteLines

Re: Caddo River at Caddo Gap
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 05:12:03 PM »
where did u put in? I have floated the river but u have to be taken up and dropped off, did u put in and go down river there where u rent kayaks and canoes?
I would like to give it a try,

thanks

LD

Offline JoshK

Re: Caddo River at Caddo Gap
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 12:08:13 PM »
I put in at the Swinging Bridge Access.  I went up river from the access point.  I had to pull my kayak for a bit.  The water is very shallow and current too strong at the access point.  I went recently over spring break again but this time I waded the river.  I started at the Swinging Bridge Access and waded up the river about 2 miles.  I fished two days and caught around 40-50 small mouth.  There is a rental place that will shuttle your Kayak for you for $20.  The trip is from Caddo Gap to Glenwood and that is a good stretch of the river for fishing.  Their website is
http://www.caddoriver.com/kayaking.html