Author Topic: "I guess you would call it minimum flow!!"  (Read 153 times)

Offline hen

"I guess you would call it minimum flow!!"
« on: November 30, 2017, 12:12:00 PM »
What a past 4 days its been!!  They have a project going on at the dam and have had one gate "cracked" for the past 4 days.  Has made the Lil Mo like a real running river!! Fishing has been good all over the river and you get a good drift anywhere you go (not only at the usual places below the weirs, or at sycamore run!!)  NICE.  My wish for Christmas is minimum flow on the Lil Mo all year long!!

Offline Jeff Guerin

• Administrator
    • Check out my other world!
Re: "I guess you would call it minimum flow!!"
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 08:34:17 PM »
Well, that's always cool! Seen that scenario quite a few times over the years and it always makes for great fishing!  8)

The word I got from Janet at SWAHA the other day is that the crews were looking to stay in town for quite a while! No idea what they're doing though (they didn't seem to want to tell her) or how long this water situation may last. Maybe an on and off thing, hopefully? That'd be pretty cool!

Hey Hen - no signs of any Browns I take it?
Always On The Water - Jeff G

Offline hen

Re: "I guess you would call it minimum flow!!"
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 11:31:41 PM »
If they stocked any browns, I haven't been able to fool any of them, nor have I heard of anyone else doing so. I have not caught even a carry over in months now.  Last one I think I heard of was caught ( I think) by David McAdams up in the skinney water about mid summer. Maybe the crews on the dam will work at their usual pace and this will last a while.  Plan on checking out the flow at Old Factory Site tomorrow, should be fun below the weir!!