Author Topic: ALBERT PIKE??  (Read 445 times)

Offline George Tullis

ALBERT PIKE??
« on: January 04, 2018, 10:53:38 AM »
Frank and I went to Albert Pike to assess the fishing conditions. Are they actually stocking there??  If so, where. The old car wash couldn?t hold 25 fish and the swimming area is very tiny.  If any site in our area needs a weir, it?s at the swimming hole.  Any how would we get the ball rolling on this with the AGFC?   

Tragic what happened up there but I sure wish OUR tax money could be spent to revitalize the mile long area we all enjoyed fishing. 

Offline jonbo

Re: ALBERT PIKE??
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 06:59:07 AM »
I haven't fished there this season, yet, but I've usually found them around the swimming hole and just upstream. Doesn't somewhere on this site have info on where recent stocking has occurred? I've seen it in the past, but don't usually keep up with it.

Offline rowlettmike

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 09:52:58 AM »
They stocked a few in the swimming hole around Thanksgiving. None since then unless in last few days. No one was catching anything over New Years. It is a shame they don?t stock more and spread them out some. It is a beautiful area to fish especially upriver a bit.

Offline George Tullis

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 08:03:16 PM »
Talked to biologist at AGFC.  She says they?d stocked.  Swimming hole AND begin the parking lot where the abandoned bathrooms are a little ways downstream from the ?car wash?.   Man.  I used to fish there regularly before the flood. 
Waters are low up there.   I won?t return this year unless we get some significant rain and the stock again.