Author Topic: Registration Shut Down!!!  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Jeff Guerin

• Administrator
    • Check out my other world!
Registration Shut Down!!!
« on: November 21, 2013, 05:17:28 PM »
Well I had to shut down my registration capabilities on the Message Board just now as there was an invasion of SpamBots getting through somehow!  >:( >:( >:(

I just spent 15 minutes banning an assortment of "new members" and everything associated with them and then closing the registration for the time being!

As much as I would like it there were almost 30 new registrations for the Board in the last four hours and as you regulars know - that's not normal!

So if you were a legitimate person, an actual living being and you see that you've been banned from the Board all of a sudden let me know and I'll register you from this end for the time being. At least until the Eastern Europe and Russian invasion is over... That's where all of the IP addresses and emails were coming from!  ::)

Otherwise, forget it! What a pain, sometimes... :-\

If you wish to get registered on the Board, e-mail me: jeffonthelittlemo@gmail.com and let me know! I"ll need a "username", password and e-mail address you want to use. I'll get you on as quick as I can!

Sorry about the manual inconvenience in a cyber world!  ::)
Always On The Water - Jeff G

Offline Jeff Guerin

• Administrator
    • Check out my other world!
Re: Registration Shut Down!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 10:49:36 AM »
Well, I tried it again with some restrictions and it made no difference!  >:(

I've been spending 15 minutes, every time I log in, just getting rid of bogus registrations.  :-\  Just not worth it!

Of the nearly one thousand registrations in the last two weeks - only two were actual persons who e-mailed me requesting to join in! My thanks to them, but now, anyone wishing to get on the Message Board is going to have to go through me completely.

"Open" registration is forever shut down!  ::)

Again, just email me at jeff@littlemissouriflyfishing.com and give me your e-mail address, username and password and I'll get you on here!
Always On The Water - Jeff G