Author Topic: SWEPCO POWER GENERATION REPORT!  (Read 532 times)

Offline George Tullis

SWEPCO POWER GENERATION REPORT!
« on: March 28, 2018, 05:58:44 PM »
What the heck is going on?   Why isn?t SWEPCO updating the generation schedule?  What a disappointment!   I just sent SWEPCO a note asking who is responsible to get the public the information.  Rest assured I?ll report anything I get (if I hear from them). 

Anyone PLEASE chime in if they know what?s going on.

:-\

Offline SEARK Jim

Re: SWEPCO POWER GENERATION REPORT!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 04:13:32 PM »
I have emailed them in the past and get generic responses from someone who has no idea about that is happening at the dam.  The barriers and ignorance at the Corp of Engineers offices is worse.  There is undoubtedly someone somewhere who knows (I hope) but that person or office has many filters to keep the rifraf like me from finding out.  A good program or presentation for next year's fly festival would be someone who knows explaining how lake level decisions and water release decisions are made.  It is a 2 and 1/2 hour drive to the river for me and really frustrating to try to figure what is going on with water releases.  By the way, I have just been informed that my TU membership has been transferred from Little Red River Chapter to a newly formed Little Mo Chapter. 
SEARK Jim

Offline George Tullis

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 04:29:53 PM »
Thanks Jim,

I got the same generic reply showing me a link to the BLANK spreadsheet.  I sent a scathing memo back; telling them I was taking this to SWEPCO VP level if I didn't get a call back today (Friday). 

Rest assured, I'm going to "make this a little project of mine" to get someone with some authority on the phone and tell them someone isn't doing their job!

Offline B Smith

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 06:01:53 PM »
It's so much better now than it use to be!! Ten years ago there was a schedule, so you'd plan a trip only to find them releasing all weekend. After you'd driven a couple hours to get there. I've spent a lot of Saturday and Sundays watching the water roll by. When you are coming off of this high water it is unpredictable at best.