Author Topic: Bunger Valves open  (Read 2024 times)

Offline GORDOB

Re: Bunger Valves open
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2018, 11:17:44 PM »
Thanks John.  Won't be calling much as we only get to come up there two or three times a year.  And, I believe from the data and conditions reported during this time we'll be able to pretty well judge the conditions.  I still understand there will be erratic discharges when not expected, but hey, that's just part of the game.

Offline Jeff Guerin

• Administrator
    • Check out my other world!
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2018, 10:29:14 PM »
Don't look now, but there just might be a change currently (Friday - 10:00 PM) indicated on the lake and AR 27 gauges...  ???

Should be more obvious one way or another in a few hours. Lake seems to be stable and river showed a bit more of a drop than the steady fall we've been seeing.

Fishing this weekend? We can only hope!  8)
Always On The Water - Jeff G

Offline Jeff Guerin

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2018, 07:21:51 AM »
Nope, fooled again!  ::)

No change... Steady flows through the night...  :-\

Offline GORDOB

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2018, 05:12:27 PM »
From the looks of the gages, I'm assuming the flow continues.  Hope you guys get some fishing in later in the week.

Offline john davis

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2018, 10:05:50 AM »
I just talked to the lady at Greeson and she said the  Bungers were closed this morning. She transferred me to another lady who " might have more info" but I had to leave a message. Lake level is at 547.04 this morning. I think I will chance it and drive up tomorrow. John D

Offline Jeff Guerin

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2018, 10:29:14 AM »
It does appear that the lake has been holding steady since 6:00 AM. Haven't seen the effect at HWY 27 as of 10:00 yet. Give it a couple more hours to show...  8)

Offline john davis

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2018, 10:58:43 AM »
Would be great if you updated gauges later today. I was going to call back about 4 to see if there were any updates.

Offline GORDOB

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2018, 11:46:56 AM »
Is there anyway the corps could be encouraged to install a gage somewhere just downstream from the discharge?  That would be a very positive level regarding flow.  Maybe get the Murfreesboro chamber of commerce and others interested in bringing traffic into the area to promote it as well.  I'm assuming there isn't a group like the Lower Mountain Fork River Foundation.

Offline uncleshorty

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2018, 12:26:47 PM »
I have, electronically, a topo map from USA Topo Maps - ArcGIS.  That map shous a gaging station @ the Riverside Access Area.  However, I don't think that gage is in service.  I can't find any data from it anywhere.

If anyone takes a ride by see if there's anything that might be a gaging station there.  If it still exists we can try to get it turned on.

Coords are 34.143262, -93.711335

Offline Jeff Guerin

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2018, 01:28:43 PM »
Yep! Rather precipitous drop at ARK 27 between 11:00 and Noon today!

Looks like a genuine shut down finally!  ;D

Offline uncleshorty

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2018, 04:44:36 PM »
Time to fish!!!  2.59 ft @ Rt 27 gage.  Good call, Jeff...

Offline David M

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2018, 11:33:44 PM »
I recall seeing what I believe to have been the remnants of that gage station, less than 100 feet downstream from the elevated wood deck at the end of the wall at Riverside, on the same side of the river. I don't think it ever functioned during the years I was going there, but I'm not sure about that, because I wasn't aware of the existence (if it did exist at that time) of the Rivergages site. All I remember of it was a vertical corrugated pipe, which I assume was used to protect the gage. I think it is all completely gone now. That may not have even been the gage, but I don't know what else it might have been.

Offline uncleshorty

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2018, 10:48:43 AM »
Because it's an electronic file there's no date on the topo map.  So there's no tellin' how old it us.  It seems to me, though, that you are right.  The "phantom gage" was probably what you saw. 

Anyway, for now the Rt. 27 gage is @ less than 2 ft.  So... it's fishin' season!!!