Author Topic: Fishing Report Tuesday May 1  (Read 479 times)

Offline john davis

Fishing Report Tuesday May 1
« on: May 01, 2018, 09:50:13 PM »
Wow can't believe today was my first return to the Little Mo since January, and sad to say probably my last till the fall. Anyway it proved to be a great day of fishing at Riverside. All the fish I saw caught were on either end of the Wall Hole and a little farther downstream. I fished with two different people at the top of the Wall Hole and the one fishing from the middle had the best most consistent results. There are some great strong fish in the  Park area right now. And glad to say it is now catch and release!  We caught plenty of fish and they hit a variety of flies from emerges,  woolys, Christmas trees, and white jigs. I think from the middle they were not too particular.  The minimal flow seemed very minimal. There was this huge scum cloud floating on the river, and moved about by wind and flow. The fish seemed to hit on the edge of it. I had a great time, caught some really nice strong fish, met some new people, and got home safely. John D

Offline uncleshorty

Re: Fishing Report Tuesday May 1
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 09:01:15 AM »
I'm driving up next Tues and fishing Wed & Thur.  Crossing fingers that the flow stays reasonable.

Thanks for the report.

Offline john davis

Re: Fishing Report Tuesday May 1
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 09:09:28 AM »
I did not fish at any other access, but talked to someone who fished at Hinds Bluff Monday and caught nothing. He did say that the fishing was slow at the Park also due to bright sun  and fish that had been under high water. Luckily the fish turned on late Monday he said. Try fishing from about mid river at the top of the wall hole. John D