Author Topic: Fishing Greeson  (Read 436 times)

Offline apwarren

Fishing Greeson
« on: May 02, 2018, 09:48:13 AM »
I'm thinking about taking my fishing kayak up to Murfreesboro with me from now on in the event of unknown generation schedules. Can y'all provide some advice on bass fishing Lake Greeson? Are there both large AND smallmouth bass? Is there a particular location where I should launch the yak? I'd probably use my 8 weight rod for large streamers and a 6 weight for smaller ones. I currently don't have a sinking line, but I'm sure I'll need to put one on an extra spool. I'm from north LA so I can usually get away with floating line since the areas I fish are pretty shallow. Thanks in advance! I bought the kayak so that I'd have more excuses to fish...

Hoping to make a trip up to The Mo this weekend if everything goes according to plan.

Offline uncleshorty

Re: Fishing Greeson
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 05:45:30 PM »
I'm not a bass fisherman so I can't tell you a hot spot to try.  But I have read that Greeson is a very good crappie lake.  There are several hundred of those sunken fish attractors in the lake.  A few minutes on Google should find you a location map.  Sorry, I can't remember the website...

Offline apwarren

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 09:34:20 AM »
I'm not a bass fisherman so I can't tell you a hot spot to try.  But I have read that Greeson is a very good crappie lake.  There are several hundred of those sunken fish attractors in the lake.  A few minutes on Google should find you a location map.  Sorry, I can't remember the website...

Interesting. I'll have to look into that. I took the yak with me to the Little Mo this weekend, but didn't have a reason to use it because the water level and fishing was great!

Offline uncleshorty

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 09:58:27 AM »
I'm driving up tomorrow.  Renting a 20 ft. trailer to bring home all my fish...

Seriously I'm a catch & release guy, but I'm really looking forward to some excellent fishing Wed & Thurs.  I'll post a trip report on Sat or Sun, after I get home.

Wahoo!!!  It's fishin' season!!!

Offline apwarren

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 10:52:47 AM »
Nice. Good luck to you.