Author Topic: Generation for the End of June!!!  (Read 110 times)

Offline Jeff Guerin

• Administrator
    • Check out my other world!
Generation for the End of June!!!
« on: June 26, 2018, 03:53:29 PM »
Well, there's finally something to see different on the generation schedule!  :o

This Thursday the 28th they are showing about 80% of two generators going starting at 10:00 AM then kicking up to nearly full generation at 11:00 Thursday night and staying there until 10:00 AM Friday!

I have to assume that we are about to get back to some normal generation patterns after all these months of a little extra minimum. Actually, it was quite a bit of extra minimum! That flow has been pretty steady for months at about 1.75' to 1.85' with few exceptions other than all the high water this spring...  ::)

I'll be keeping an eye on the minimum flow readings over the next couple of days to see if it drops back to that "normal" 1.5' level before we get high water on Thursday!

Whatever the case, we should see a lot of flushing of the silt and algae on Thursday - assuming this is accurate! I personally haven't been up in a few weeks now, but I have been getting good reports. It will be nice to see something other than brown silt all over the bottom at Riverside, I'm sure!  8)

The fish are in for a rude awakening Thursday morning and we'll have to see how they react to it! Friday afternoon should be interesting. And there's nothing showing on the schedule for the weekend.
Always On The Water - Jeff G