Author Topic: New Developments Water-wise?  (Read 456 times)

Offline Jeff Guerin

• Administrator
    • Check out my other world!
New Developments Water-wise?
« on: July 08, 2018, 11:56:43 AM »
Put this on Facebook as well:

Hey all, I haven't been on the river a whole bunch of late, but I have gotten good reports!

I talked to the folks at the Narrows Power House earlier this week and the word, at that point, is that we should see the last of this extraordinary minimum flow this coming Thursday. Supposedly the work at the power yard is about done and we should see "normal" water patterns return. Hopefully, that means normal generation patterns too!

I had a couple of clients return to the river recently and reported upwards of 100 fish landed in their weekend! I suspect that was close to the June stocking.

Gordon Shaw got washed out last week by the semi unexpected generator testing. They did NOT quite stick to the schedule that was put up last week... However, he did go back this past Friday and let me know that the river flowing clean and the fish were "feisty"!!!

The normal high water over last weekend appears to have flushed some of the silt and algae out too.

Gordon also reported a good Sulphur hatch, typical of July, as well as some Light Cahills!

Maybe we'll be seeing a typical mid and late summer river after all!
Always On The Water - Jeff G

Offline hen

Re: New Developments Water-wise?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 11:22:01 AM »
I did not fish today??  Yesterday I caught fish below Hinds Bluff-nice ones-only 4 but that is special this time of year!!  I just came back from the corp office..  I gave them a piece of my mind- I'm sure that does a lot of good :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\  The "minimum flow" if that is what you want to call it, has been a real asset for the river over the last 6 or so months .  Wish it could continue, but have my doubts.  It does not make a hill of beans difference in the lake-even Kevin at sawhaw sez the same!!  You just have to love it. 

Offline hen

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 11:25:38 AM »
Also Jeff, good to hear your still kicking!!!  I hate  tooth trouble :( :( :( :(

Offline Jeff Guerin

• Administrator
    • Check out my other world!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 12:18:28 PM »
Yep! Kicking and scratching! I actually fished for a while myself later in the afternoon. So nice! Breezy, dry conditions. Hard to beat for mid July.

Finally on the river yesterday. Extra flow is still going and a bunch of nice fish caught!

Water was clear and cool, fish were happy, caddis and Cahills were out.

I'll get a full report onto The Latest some time this weekend!
Always On The Water - Jeff G

Offline Breck M.

Lil Mo Update - Early Oct
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 09:02:57 PM »
Hello Lil Mo Fly Fishers,

I went this past weekend Sunday Sept 30.  I arrived about 0130 and fished through 0630.  I was the only one on the river at Riverside.  Weather was overcast at mid 70s with a small southeasterly wind.  I started about 100 yards to the right and worked down to the Wall Hole by 0530..stopping to take in the landscape here and there.  Landed 7 and lost 2X at least.  Light Cahill was the fly.  Best dry fly fishing I have ever had.  Nice top water hits and fish jumping.  Smart healthy fish too.. every one was 12-15" with a lot of fight.  The water was surprisingly cold and clear. 

Breck M.