Fall Stocking

Registration info, Questions, Comments and Observations
Johndavis

Fall Stocking

Post by Johndavis » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:16 am

Just checking to see if anyone knows if they fixed the stocking system at Hinds Bluff? I remember David and Mike saying something about a broken part so they did not stock in the late spring. Hopefully it won't be an issue for this fall. John D

DavidM

Re: Fall Stocking

Post by DavidM » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:41 am

John,
You may already know this, but for those that don't, here goes: The plastic (FRP) stocking pipe at HB is made up of at least 2 sections of pipe, and these separated at a joint. It appears that the joint wasn't glued or wrapped at original installation, but they relied on friction and clamps to hold the sections together. Some separation has existed at that joint for years, but the gap increased at some point (late last year, I think), and was suspected of being the reason that stocking was stopped at HB. That may not have been the reason, but they definitely missed some normally scheduled stocking last Winter/Spring.
I don't know if they've repaired the HB stocking pipe even now. I was told that they did stock HB again last Spring, through the separated pipe, after the AGFC was contacted with complaints about missed stocking events. I hope they'll repair it yet this Summer, if they haven't already done so. I recall that the wooden frame supporting the end of the pipe at the river bank needed some TLC the last time that I saw it, too.

Johndavis

Post by Johndavis » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:08 am

Thanks David, I sure hope they can stock Hinds Bluff again this year. What you said about the pipe and box sounds like what I heard too. May have to wait until a couple of stockings before heading back up, especially with the fish kill. I guess that shows how many fish that were still in that area though. John D

jeffg
Site Admin

Post by jeffg » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:54 pm

;) It's fixed, and they did stock there earlier this week!

Look for a full report over the next couple of days on The Latest!
Always On The Water - in mind at least! :ugeek: