March Boy Scout Trip

Questions, Comments and Observations
Chucky

March Boy Scout Trip

Post by Chucky » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:22 pm

Howdy All! Hope everyone had a great Christmas and is set for a Happy New Year!

My son's Boy Scout Troop is looking to make a camping trip to the Crater at spring break so I should get a chance to get in a little trout fishing if the weather and generation cooperate. Does anyone know if the COE campground up on Dynamite Hill still exists? I haven't been able to find any info on the web or the COE pages. I intend to call the Crater later this week to ask, but if I remember, they don't really have much in the way of group tent camping areas. The only other area I could think of is the Miners Camp near the state park. Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Hope everyone gets to do some fishing soon.
Charlie
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness is the father.

roberjc

Re: March Boy Scout Trip

Post by roberjc » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:12 pm

To my knowledge it is still open, I am pretty sure that is where Jeff stays most of the time when he is at the river.
You might check with the marina, it is adjacent to it.

BSmith

Post by BSmith » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:12 pm

Hey Chucky, the campground at Dynamite Hill is still there and has always been my first choice for a place to camp. I haven't camped there in a couple of years but I have been through the campground and it looks like they have added water to at least some of the sites.

Chucky

Post by Chucky » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:41 pm

Thanks for the info! We'll be discussing the options on Monday night. Hopefully I'll have an idea of what makes the best sense for the group.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness is the father.

UncleShorty

Post by UncleShorty » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:59 am

I stayed at the marina cabins on Dynamite Hill last spring. At that time there was a crew refurbing the toilets at the Camp Ground.

I'll bet the camp sites are open. Here's a number for the Rangers -- (870) 285-2151