Eighteenth Ever Fly Fishing Festival!!!

Questions, Comments and Observations
jeffg
Site Admin

Eighteenth Ever Fly Fishing Festival!!!

Post by jeffg » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:51 pm

Yep - The Eighteenth Ever Little mo' Fly Fishing Festival will be upon us (and me) before we know it!

As always, President's day weekend - this year February 14 - 16. I know, Friday is Valentine's Day, but that happens every couple or three years. Just one of those things we deal with...

Looking to hear back from The Usual Suspects as I just now got around to sending out the word to them. So be looking here to see who's coming.

Most everything happens on the Saturday, morning into the early / mid afternoon. Friday afternoon folks begin to show and one can expect a reasonable amount of food to be around. I've had folks in the past say they felt they couldn't come if they didn't bring food!!! :shock: Rest assured, that is far from the case! If you want to bring some eats, feel free to do so, but don't feel compelled!

I've kept the fees for this thing the same from day one: $5 for an individual and $10 for the family!

Keep an eye on this thread for news as it happens!!!
Always On The Water - in mind at least! :ugeek:

jeffg
Site Admin

Re: Eighteenth Ever Fly Fishing Festival!!!

Post by jeffg » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:16 pm

This weekend! Murfreesboro Municipal Building - 204 East Main Street - 71958 if you want to GPS it!

So here's what we may be looking at right now!

Friday afternoon should see folks showing up in the afternoon. I suspect I should be at the Municipal Building by mid day, one way or another. We can visit, tie flies, munch on edibles, I'm sure, until we get tired!

Saturday I'll open up at 8:00 AM. Planning a couple of programs for the morning / mid-day. We are looking at high water till 11:00 Saturday, so any "River Critters" collection will either have to happen on Friday afternoon or later on Saturday...

Don Jackson from Ouachita Outdoor Outfitters is planning to be there once again, so he'll probably be loading goods in early. And the guys from the Mayfly Project ( https://themayflyproject.com )are planning to return for the third year now!

Looking to have Tom Bullock at 10:00 speaking on "Euro Nymphing and Basic Skills".

At Noon we should see the curious duo of Glen Catch Cormier and Larry Offner talking about the "Magnificent Seven" of easy to tie, effective flies for bream and crappie! That should be informative and entertaining!

I'll see if I can bring out my very short history of the Skinny Water Project, just for those who may have missed that little bit of Little Mo' history. Maybe at 2:00 PM or maybe save that for the evening along with the popular Fantasy Fly Draft which is now an anticipated annual event! Ya'll tell me, would you rather get in on the afternoon fishing and see that in the evening?

We'll have to see about the "Can You Take It" casting clinic on Sunday. Running water again till 11:00 AM. I guess we can do it despite the limited access to the water though.

As always, just $5 for an individual and $10 for the family for the weekend, and $5 for the casting on Sunday.
Always On The Water - in mind at least! :ugeek: