2-25-20

How'd Ya'll Do?
jimr

2-25-20

Post by jimr » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:13 pm

Well, if all things go right, I should be there Tuesday to fish. No generation and the weather is going to be ok. Kitty said she didn't care about the temp. as long as I bring some fire wood for fireplace at the park. I just hope there aren't too many bait fishermen there to mess things up. I am going to try the skinny water area and move towards the wall hole if necessary. I haven't been on the water is awhile so my fishing skills may be worse the normal. Oh well, I really don't care. I finally get to get in the water and that is what I want and need. Hope to see some of y'all up there.

Jimr

jeffg
Site Admin

Re: 2-25-20

Post by jeffg » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:18 pm

Should see you out there, myself!!!
Always On The Water - in mind at least! :ugeek:

jimr

Post by jimr » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:30 am

Did I miss you Jeff or were you not able to make it? I got there about 10 am and started just above the catch and release start area. In my haste to get fishing I forgot my sunglasses and I couldn't see real good. I fished down river a little and got out to get my glasses. I was really having a difficult time seeing the bottom. There were only two people fishing the wall hole so i figured I would give it a try first. Also there were only three other fly fishermen in the river and they left just after I got there. Had the place to myself until Hen showed up. I have seen Hen on here but had never meet him. We had a good day and caught lots of fish. While we were fishing the stocking truck showed up and dumped a load of fish. Hen check with them and told me they had small fish. Before the truck dropped their load I was catching some nice fish. Three were 16"er's and several in the 14 and 15" size. I don't know how many fish I caught but it was fun. I haven't been in the water for some time and I really need this. I enjoyed my time talking to Hen. We exchanged flies and he had to leave. I continued for a while longer and left. I had a really good time and like i said I really needed this time on the water.

After we left, Kitty and I stopped the the Southern Dinner to eat. What a very friendly place. The ladies working there were very friendly. The food was great. We had a nice time talking to a couple of the regulars that were there. To our surprise one of the men paid for our lunch. That was very nice of him. I really recommend this place and the hamburgers are hand made and are just wonderful. I am really glad we stopped there. Kitty loved the place and I hope that transfers into us coming again so I can fish. The ladies told her if I was fishing to just come in and chat with them. Another good thing about it was that it is right next to the Queen of Diamonds Inn. As I told Kitty, we could stay and she could walk to the dinner for breakfast or whatever.

See y'all later

Jimr

jeffg
Site Admin

Post by jeffg » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:35 pm

We never got away from the Factory Site!!! Great fishing there too...

Good to hear about the Southern Dine! I haven't had a chance to get in there yet.
Always On The Water - in mind at least! :ugeek: