• Welcome to Little Missouri Fly Fishing.

1 May 2024 “ still no bungering”

Started by HEN, May 01, 2024, 12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HEN

It's now 12 days of no bunger valves running. I checked the water temperatures this morning: Riverside = 60 degrees, Hinds Bluff = 64 degrees and Old Factory = 66 degrees.  Long shut down periods could give us water temperature problems in the future. The lake is currently at 539.68, only up one foot  since they shut down 12 days ago. That's good, considering how much rain we have had.

Today catch and keep ended from the dam to the pipeline!!👏👏. I feel there are more fish in the wall hole than I can ever remember at this time of year. Some nice strong ones too!!  I caught fish, one right after the other, on a Slider. It was fast and furious. Also caught fish at River Ridge and Hinds Bluff on my brown flies and my biscuit . Didn't try the slider there because the water was murky. I think they stocked sometime in the past 2 weeks, most likely on high water. I did fish up thru the skinny water toward the dam and it was slow, nothing like the deep hole at the wall.

If we can keep the poachers off the wall at the park, it could shape up to be a good summer of fishing, unless the problems with the trash racks at the dam give us water problems on the river.

GORDOB

Hi Mark, thanks for all your efforts in getting information out to us.  I'd like to know more about the "Slider" you mentioned.  Not sure I understand what it is or how to tie it.  You mentioned the cut off for keeping fish, are there any park ranger or warden efforts to monitor this?  Thanks again!

MARK, you don't have to reply to this as I saw in Jeff's fly section he'd added two 'sliders'.  Good looking flies.