• Welcome to Little Missouri Fly Fishing.

5 March 2024 “stocked again!”

Started by HEN, Mar 05, 2024, 07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HEN

I was just advised by a friend that yesterday while I napped, around 2:30 they stocked at Riverside!!  I went and checked the stocking tubes and I don't think they stocked at River Ridge or Hinds Bluff. Therefore I think, as Jeff mentioned earlier, that they dumped another load of "catch pen" fish at the park, and maybe Old Factory. I fished the park yesterday morning and caught one right after the other nice 13 and 14 inch fat fish!!!  These catch pen fish are generally small so it may make it hard to catch the nice ones, but that's ok!!!

Still no "bungeration" or generation since they stopped on the 20Th of February. We got another 1/2 inch rain so we'll see what the Corp does. The water temperature is in good shape and so is the water clarity. River looks really good over all. There was a biologist at River Ridge day before yesterday taking nymph samples. He had a bottle FULL of various May fly, caddis, and stone fly nymphs, and a bunch of other bugs!! Our river is healthy!!

They also stocked 1980 fish at Albert Pike yesterday, just in case you want to fish the WILD RIVER!! 

‼️ 12:00 noon today I met the stocking truck again!!  Today stocking more small net pen fish: 1386 at OFS,1827 at HB, 1827 at RR and 693 at LWB. The driver said they are emptying the catch pens on lake Ouachita, and will stock approximately 30 thousand catch pen fish in this river between now and the end of this month!!  If your a numbers guy your in luck!!!🤗🤗🤗. 

Would like to say a BIG thank you to Ryan Gary and Christie Graham for all the fish we are getting. If you knew everything I know, you would be thanking them also!!!  They truly went to bat for this river.

CSmith

Thanks, Mike, for the info.  I want to thank Ryan Gary and Christie Graham for all you are doing for The Little MO;  we certainly appreciate it!