• Welcome to Little Missouri Fly Fishing.

20 March 2024 “Net Pin fish stocked”

Started by HEN, Mar 20, 2024, 12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HEN

I met the stocking truck from the Jim Collin's net pins at River Side today at 12:00 noon. Today Robbie, the Jim Collin's delivery man, stocked fish at Riverside and River Ridge. He advised that yesterday he stocked Hinds Bluff and Old Factory Site. There were some really nice 12 plus fish in the group, that's a great size for net pen fish!!  🐟. Being put in on high water should scatter them all over the river 🤗🤗🤗. Robbie advised that he will stock one more time the end of March and that will be all of the net pin fish from lake Ouachita. The fish should hunker down and grow and get strong while they bring the lake down. Needless to say they are still running the bunger valve. 😞😞.

GORDOB

Morning Mike.  Thanks for your diligence in the river reports.  Have they done much stocking at Albert Pike this year.  I remember a couple of years ago they made a pretty big stocking during the first week of April.  Hoping to take my grandson and great grandson up there in April, after the eclipse.  Keep up the great work, you're our source of information now and it's rally appreciated.

Jonbo

Quote from: GORDOB on Mar 21, 2024, 11:08 AMMorning Mike.  Thanks for your diligence in the river reports.  Have they done much stocking at Albert Pike this year.  I remember a couple of years ago they made a pretty big stocking during the first week of April.  Hoping to take my grandson and great grandson up there in April, after the eclipse.  Keep up the great work, you're our source of information now and it's rally appreciated.
I fished AP in mid-Feb or so. There were plenty of fish at the Carwash Bridge (about a mile upstream of the Swimming Hole) at that time. I went a couple of days ago, nada, basically. I don't know. I saw a report somewhere online that AP had been stocked in March with 1000 fish, I think. So, I don't know.