• Welcome to Little Missouri Fly Fishing.

18 April 2024 “The magic number is 538.50!”

Started by HEN, Apr 18, 2024, 07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HEN

Today at 4:00 pm, with the lake at 538.50 they closed the bunger valve. It is still closed at 8:00 pm as I post this. 👏👏.

For the past three days there have been divers, both Corp and private contractors, inspecting the trash racks on the dam. I spoke with them Tuesday at Sawaha. They are still trying to formulate a repair plan 😬🤔🤔. Who knows how long that will take. For about one week they had one bunger valve WIDE open!!  The water level came up over my river dock. They were getting the lake level to 540, the level which the divers requested for their inspection.

I have told you before "you can never step into the same river twice". We will see how that holds up as I expect, because of the long period of high water, that there have been many changes in the river. New deep holes, trees down, washed out areas, and new places for trout to hide. A river is ever changing!! 

Don't know how long they will hold this time. I think it depends on the rains and how fast the lake rises. They MAY try to work the trash racks at this 540 level, that would be nice 👍.

‼️ Friday 19 April 2024 @ 5:39 am:  Bunger valves still closed. Think I'll fish today 🤣🤣. Still seeing lots of March browns and I THINK they stocked this week??  See ya on the river.

hobiegates

Thanks for the update.  This has been a frustrating trout season for the Little Mo for sure.