[*] posted on 5-24-2019 at 08:53 PM
The Start of Summer 2019

I like this:

No major weather systems in the works for the next week, maybe ten days! :cool:

Always On The Water (in mind at least) - Jeff Guerin
Raybon

[*] posted on 5-30-2019 at 08:40 AM
Is that still true this week?

After the rains yesterday...can we still trust the generation schedule? I've made 2 trips up this year and was disappointed by the generation schedule both times. Love the little Mo'!
jeffg
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-4-2019 at 12:00 AM

Yeah, the rains can sometimes have their effects...

If the lake jumps into flood pool, but the river thirty, forty miles downstream isn't flooding you can bet the CORPS is going to let water off pretty quickly. If, however, the downstream is rising fast or already flooded, they will actually hold water and then let it go as soon as levels downriver allow! Timing is critical.

Flood pool on the lake is 548'. If we see 550' they will likely let water off as quick as possible. If the US67 (Boughton) gauge is around 15' and rising or anywhere over that, they will probably be holding back, but only until that guage starts to show a fall. Then it's time to open up. If we start seeing 553' or higher on the lake they may not care what's going on downriver!

Keep tabs on all this at www.Rivergages.com - click Vicksburg District - then Ouachita Basin.

And, as I've said many times in the last couple of years, after hanging around the Little Mo' for forty'ish years, just when I think I've got a clue as to what expect on releases - they do something else!!!

The generation schedules tend to be pretty accurate unless the lake and river are in a very volatile state. And that's been the case for the last year seems like. Right now, however, we are pretty stable for a change and the schedule has been on for a couple of weeks now.

Just keep in mind their disclaimer - ALWAYS SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

Always On The Water (in mind at least) - Jeff Guerin
RGfromMS

[*] posted on 6-6-2019 at 11:04 AM

I will be trying to fish the Bluff area this Monday as i travel through the area for work. Man i hope they push the generation times to later in the day or i am gonna have to leave the house EARLY to be able to get there in time.

BTW thanks for your website! I first started Trout fishing 2 years ago on a fluke while on vacation up there and your site gave me all the info i needed to get HOOKED! Thanks for all you do for the Lil' Mo!

Go To Top