• Welcome to Little Missouri Fly Fishing.

20 July 2024 “ Just an update “

Started by HEN, Jul 20, 2024, 05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HEN

As of 5:00 am on 20 July they are still doing a little minimum flow, that's 7% open on one bunger valve. The water temperature at Riverside is 54 degrees 🥶🥶. For me, wet wading is out of the question!!  There is a lot of "bottom of the lake" silt in the river because the bunger valve pulls right off the bottom of the lake.

I went to River Ridge and Hinds Bluff yesterday just to check them out. The water temperature at both was 55 degrees. Old factory site was at 57 degreese, it's great to see the water temps holding this far down river with this minimal flow. Too bad there are no fish left down there to enjoy it!!  I fished about 15 minutes at each place and never got a bite!!  Don't waste your time down there. The water clarity is a little better as you go down river. The silt tends to fall out of the water as it flows down river.

There are still fish at Riverside, just hard to catch!!  They definitely don't like the silt. You must get your depth and your drift correct just to get a bite. It's never great fishing this time of year on the Lil' Mo', no stocking going on and the leftover fish have been poached, mishandled and killed, or just washed away down river. The Game and Fish could stock if they knew the Corp was gonna continue the minimum flow🤔🤔. Lots of luck!!!

The minimum flow has been going for 3 weeks now and it hasn't affected the lake level at all. If they were doing this same flow through a generator it would be perfect. Continual cold water with no silt and great trout river fishing.

Dennis

After the early morning bite go away, is the any bream or bass action.??

I know there are a lot of bream and bass in the river because I catch them while trout fishing. Don't actually fish for them so can't say how the "action" would be if I did. 🤔🤔🤔.