• Welcome to Little Missouri Fly Fishing.

29 February 2024 “ update”

Started by HEN, Feb 29, 2024, 05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HEN

Today makes 9 days of not running the bunger valve. 🤗🤗. The forecast shows some rain coming, so will be curious to see if they try to keep the lake around 540 by starting the river flowing again.

The fish have really been stepped on hard these last nine days!!  Catching is getting tougher and tougher. Will look at the stocking tubes today, I hope they stocked yesterday!! I'll let you know as soon as I know. There are still lots of fish scattered up and down the river, just have to get away from the stocking sites and do a little walking to find some that don't have the "sore mouth". 

Water clarity and temperature is great. Bottom still a little dirty and our rocks are white!!!??  Don't know what that is but it rubs off chalky on your hands.

There have been lots of people keeping fish at the access sites so the catching is tough until they stock again, should be soon.

‼️ 1 March 2024:  for all you early weekend fisher people, no water running as of 6:00am this morning. That's the good news, bad news is I've seen no evidence of any stocking last week, maybe today? 🎣